Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Letting Go

Day TWENTY SIX

7am today with Alicia was like night and day from last night's class with Danielle.  I was stiff, stiff, stiff as a board.  First backward bend was painful.  Lacked balance in second part of awkward.  Fell out of eagle.  Couldn't get my forehead to the floor in standing separate leg stretching.  My knees were sore.  The back of my right knee was feeling a dull pain.  My body from yesterday felt like a well-tuned, well-oiled car and today, it was traded in for a jalopy.  The difference was so stark that it was startling especially within just 11 hours.  I never cease to marvel at how this practice teaches us to just go with the flow and take it day by day.  I am happy to say that even though I was so stiff today I practiced with no judgment and didn't berate myself for not doing this or not doing that.  It felt no natural to just accept and do the best I could.  I feel like I've grown so much since I first began this practice 11 months ago when I would've been so easily frustrated and berated myself.  This kind of letting go has been one of the joyous benefits of doing this yoga.

3 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

It always amazes me too! You'll feel like a true yogini one day and then the next day you are staring at the ceiling instead of the back wall in that first backbend and you think "oh shit. It's going to be one of THOSE classes!"

Johan said...

That was almost exactly word for word how my practice went today, and how I felt about it. Strange. :-) But I guess it's nice to know you're not alone in that world.

ActionJoJo said...

Hi BYC, the experience is truly humbling. One minute you are on top of the world and the next minute you are crawling on the floor wanting it to be over!

Johan, you are right. It's nice to know we are not alone. It makes me feel stronger knowing that others go through exactly what I go through and that all of this is completely normal.