Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The Cycle Continues

 
My new Le Crueset 5-quart braiser!!!!  Sooo excited to use it!

Day TWENTY FIVE

We arrived home at midnight last night and we didn't get to bed until 1am.  My intention was to go to 7am again today but there was no way it was happening since I took the 7am yesterday and only slept 4 hours.  I made previous plans with friends, one of whom was coming from out of town, but because of this challenge and how things worked out, I could only spend 30 minutes with my friends and then get to 8pm yoga.  Well, my out-of-town friend was more than 45 minutes late and I had to leave the group without even seeing her.  My friends were trying to convince me to stay, have another drink, and do a double tomorrow.  I really was tempted but the thought of skipping a class by choice after now having gone 24 days straight did not appeal to me now that I've come this far and gained all this momentum.  

I didn't like the idea of practicing so late during the week but 8pm with Danielle was a surprise.  My muscles felt like cottage cheese during the warm up and all the way through standing bow.  I just felt like they were jello and I had no strength but boy, did I have flexibility.  I went quite deep in half moon and all my forehead to knee poses were the best they've ever been.  By the time we we got to the floor series, I seemed to get a second wind.  I got a nice compliment and adjustment in full bow.  The increased flexibility was a whole new experience and I am in awe that my body was so open tonight.

By the time class was done and I left the studio it was 10pm.  I didn't get home until 11pm.  Ugh!  I walked in the door and it was time to go to bed.  It was a weird feeling but I was so giddy from class that The Husband remarked how much energy I had.  It's too bad I had to go to bed right away for 7am tomorrow.  I feel like all I do these days is work, eat, sleep, and yoga.  Repeat.

No comments: