Sunday, January 03, 2010

What the frak?!


Day 3

Well, I had a whole, eloquent post written and by the accidental press of a button on my keyboard, poof!  It's gone.  GONE!  I can't retrieve it and I'm too frakkin' frustrated right now to re-write what took me about 45 minutes to conjure.

Suffice it to say, my original post was about convalescing, not going to yoga for a second day, and feeling left out of the action.  I used the metaphor of a marathon race and how the start gun just fired and all of us, giddy with excitement were moving past the start line, eager to start the challenge, and how suddenly, I tripped.  I had to bend down and tie my shoelaces while the crowd left me behind in it's wake.  I  am happy for the rest of you who have completed three classes and it is such great fun reading your blog updates.  Nevertheless, I can't help but feel frustrated that I can only account for one class while everyone else is on their third or fourth.

Then I recounted about going with The Husband to church today in the bitter cold and how it sapped all my energy.  That's when I knew I wasn't back to my 100% strength.  With my hood up and head down, I held The Husband's arm and allowed him to lead the way without having to look up as we crossed streets and dodged people on the sidewalk.  Then it transitioned to the concept of trust and how it so nicely coincided with today's Feast of the Epiphany in church, where three wise men followed a star to Bethlehem and upon finding the baby Jesus, presented Him with gifts of gold, frankinsence, and myrrh.  Further explanations about the importance of trust and how the wise mean serve as examples of how trusting the process in our lives and in our yoga is good for us.  And there you have it.  My vanished post just haphazardly recreated with such disinterest and dismay.  Arrrrrrrgh!

Signing off now and hoping tomorrow, I am 100% better (and less cranky) to return to work and go back to yoga.  Peace out.

3 comments:

thedancingj said...

ARGH!! The same exact thing happened to me the other day. I spent ages on a post and then my computer froze and I lost the whole thing. Ironically it was the post on "starting from scratch." I ran around the house complaining for a minute, then wrote it again. I think the second version was better.

ANYWAY... these frustrations that only bloggers understand! Hope you feel much better very soon! Don't worry, everyone's gonna trip at SOME point. You just got it over with the earliest!

bikramyogachick said...

Oh I've had that happen too! How frustrating! Sending lots of well wishes your way from Vegas. I hope you feel better tomorrow

ActionJoJo said...

Thanks gals for your support, well wishes, and your positive spin on things. I'm happy that you all are out there.

J, that IS totally ironic. I always think that the second version does come out better than the first but because I was sick, I just didn't have the energy to try to recreate it.