Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reverse

 
War wounds!

Day TWENTY TWO

After months of looking, The Husband and I saw a house with our realtor that showed real promise.  I don't want to talk about it for fear of jinxing things but it was one of those things where we walked into the house and The Husband and I looked at each other and said, "Hmmm...I can see us living here."  One of my co-workers told me that this house hunting experience was going to be similar to shopping for a wedding dress:  you just get a feeling that this is the one.  I guess the only difference is that many women can buy and wear the same wedding dress but only one owner can buy that one house.  :-/

10am with Caroline.  It was a good class and it was generally uneventful -- didn't feel awesome, rock-my-world nor did I feel terrible, awful, etc.  It was just okay.  I found myself slipping in triangle again...and in this studio, we step to the left side of our mat and we do the poses on the carpet.  Hmmm...maybe yesterday wasn't about my slippery mat but about not keeping everything engaged and super tight.  When we got to the first set, right side head to knee with stretching pose, Caroline exclaimed, "ActionJoJo, what are you doing?!"  She corrected me big time when we went to the left.  In an effort to try to get my forehead to my knee and bending my leg as much as I can, she said that I was going into the pose in the reverse.  I have been bending my leg, tucking in my chin, getting forehead to knee, and then reaching around my foot to get into the bikram grip.  Well, I'm to reach down, grab my foot, bend forward and then inf my forhead to my knee doesn't touch, then bend it.  She told me later in the locker room, "All you're doing is tucking your chin in!  You're spine is changing day by day if you get into the posture right." Thanks Caroline for always being immensely helpful!  Namaste!

4 comments:

bikramyogachick said...

I love those kinds of corrections! It's nice when teachers pay attention to our practice like that. Good luck with the house!

Elisa said...

Good luck with the house-hunting! I bought my first house about a year and a half ago, and your friend is totally right. I had a few false "positives" that didn't work out, and initially I was heartbroken. But then, I saw my place, and I just knew it was right and also knew it was going to work out. Trust your instinct! It will sing loud and clear on this one!

Sisya said...

Hey, most of my class one day last week got the very same correction about that posture(I was one of the guilty people who do it backwards).
It's been feeling great to do it the proper way.

ActionJoJo said...

@ BYC & Yolk E, thanks for all the good wishes towards the house. The owner accepted our offer and now we are dealing with attorneys and paperwork. Oh and there's this thing called a mortgage that we have to find. LOL

@Sisya, so happy to learn that I was not the only one who was going into it backward!! I don't feel like such an idiot! :)))