Thursday, January 24, 2008

Encouragement & Inspiration

After a few days of signing up with 43things.com, I've already been cheered about 20 times by complete strangers! What a really neat community...and a cool concept.

I've been needing lots of inspiration these days to get me through this period of transition. So I bought me-self some books. Stopped by Borders and picked up two travel books as my wanderlust managed to unfailingly guide me to the travel section. I have heard so much of Gilbert's book and her spiritual journey speaks to my soul right now. While picking up Eat Pray Love, my eye caught another book one shelf lower.

Unlikely Destinations: The Lonely Planet Story is the story of Maureen & Tony Wheeler, their love for each other and their love for travel, who together created the Lonely Planet guidebooks. Reviewers describe the book as beyond a mere travelogue but a combination of autobiography, travelouge, and business entrepreneurship. This book is just what I need to remind myself that when you do what you love, the money will come.

No comments: