Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Countdown Begins

no, not to christmas.

5 days left to hand in my first paper. the topic is on gifts, gift exchange, and commodity consumption particularly for members in the filipino diaspora.

12 days left to hand in my second paper. for this one, i theorize on the filipino diaspora and argue that (im)migration is a process which causes a social death and re-birth for the (im)migrant.

these two papers will eventually be two sections of my MA thesis. this is my first stab at writing the thesis. i need to submit a first draft in march. "march madness" will have a whole new meaning for me in 2007.

i want to pomp & circumstance in may. no question about it. i'm tired of not having a life. i'm tired of sacrificing. i'm just plain tired.

how's that for honesty?

No comments: