Friday, August 11, 2006

Aloha!

*sigh* that ukelele playing in the background sounds so nice against the crashing waves...

**wakes up out of reverie** *shakes head**

What? Huh? I'm not there yet? I have to wait till January to be in Maui...

Oh right, I'm in the office right now just dreaming about it. Aw shucks.

That's right kids! JoJo is heading to MAUI for New Year's to visit my uncle for 10 days. Mom & J will be with me too. I am absolutely giddy with excitement!!! I've never been but hear it is absolute paradise...the most beautiful of all the islands. I can't wait to see my family, some of whom I have not seen for at least 10 years.

The anticipation of my vacation will definitely keep me motivated to get through the fall semester, my penultimate semester of graduate school. I'm looking forward to frolicking in the sun and in the ocean, the laid back atmosphere, the kiking, kayaking...oh yeah, and surfing!!! Wahoooo!!!

Yeah, after all that ranting and raving yesterday about why Americans don't take vacations...I've just proven that once again, I'm in the minority. :)

No comments: