Saturday, March 04, 2006

Re-living New Wave Music: Depeche Mode

Yeah! I've got tickets to see them at the Tommy Hilfiger Center in Jones Beach this May!!! I'm soooo excited. Look, you do not understand. I was not allowed out of the house when I was a teenager. Only tasted real freedom when I left for college. So I led a real boring HS existence, which is why I always felt like I missed out on what everyone else did: no concerts, no sleepovers, no late night outings for JoJo.

Seeing bands like Erasure, Depeche Mode (Who's next, the Pet Shop Boys or OMD? Geez, I remember jr hs classmate, PY, had all the band names etched on the front flap of what would be the progenitor of the messenger bag.) in concert is merely making up for lost time!! Because I couldn't do it when I was 13!!! I've waited sooo long...17 years. The wait is well worth it. :) The first single off their album, "Precious", is old-skool DM!! If you've heard it, you would know without a doubt it was them.

*sigh* Listening to their music reminds me of the days when my high hair was stiff from hairspray and when the only color in my wardrobe was black. I love the 80s!!!

No comments: