Thursday, May 05, 2005

Started seeing Mark, the trainer

Did I mention how amazing my employer is??? And the multitude of benefits that go along with work at the organization that I do?

So get this for a benefit package: 20 days vacation per year plus 4 personal days; the Friday prior to a 3-day holiday weekend, departure from work as early as 2:30pm; an employer contribution of 15% of my salary to a 401K plan without me contributing a penny; full medical, dental, and vision plans; basic and supplemental life and disabilitiy insurances; a flex spending account, funds taken from a paycheck deducatioin that is pre-tax, and can be used towards medical expenses (such as copayments, prescription purchase, eyewear, or a service not partially covered by insurance); plenty of transit checks to purchase Metrocards; and...

...a newly furbished gym...complete with state-of-the-art new equipment, towels, and a flat screen TV. To inaugurate the new gym, my employer decided to hire a trainer to teach us how to use the new equipment but to also give us a workout routine for an hour!

I decided I needed to start seeing a trainer...and since Mark's free...what the heck! My doctor said I need to start losing weght as I've gained 6 pounds in the last 6 months. Damn stress and tension from school!! I'm determined to get back on track. Let's see what Mark can do for me...

No comments: