Thursday, January 13, 2005

Acceptance to Columbia University!

I received a wonderful present on New Year's Eve: there was a "thick" envelope from Columbia sitting in my mailbox. I ripped it open and discovered a letter of acceptance to the MA program in Anthropology. I was thrilled! The department's rich history and legacy is comprised of former faculty members like Franz Boas, Margaret Mead, and Ruth Benedict (among others) who were central in shaping the discipline as we know it today. I am honored to be a part of the tradition and to walk in such distinguished halls. Hooray!!!

Classes start next week and I plan on attending part-time (taking 2 classes per semester) while I continue working full-time. I will quite a tired and busy (!) lady these next 2.5 years but I know my hard work will be worth it.

Thanks everyone for reading my good news!

No comments: